Spirituality and Seniors: Religious Opportunities at Canyon CreekJune 04, 2017 | Canyon Creek
Here at Canyon Creek Senior Living we welcome residents of all faiths practicing or non-practicing. With about 75-80% of our residents belonging to the Church of Latter-Day Saints however, we do organize many non-mandatory spiritual activities for our residents to enjoy.
While we are a very inclusive senior community we also feel very lucky to enjoy a rich spiritual life. In this month's edition of the Canyon Creek Senior Living blog we'll be discussing the different ways spirituality can benefit seniors and will also be highlighting some of the spiritual opportunities we offer.
Benefits of Spirituality for Seniors
Spirituality has been shown to have a positive impact on our sense of purpose and well-being. Additionally it can foster a sense of community and create a greater sense of social support. These benefits can be very healing for seniors who may struggle to cope with feelings of longing or isolation.
According to the Merck Manual, spirituality may have the following psychological and social benefits:
- Greater ability to cope with illness
- A more optimistic attitude about life aging and illness
- A greater sense of meaning and purpose in life
- More social support and a greater sense of community
Spirituality-Based Activities at Canyon Creek Senior Living
In terms of the spiritual support we offer residents, our services are wide-ranging and open to those who are interested. View this month's activities calendar for a sampling of what's available.
A few highlights of our offerings include:
- Every Sunday we hold on-site Church services:
- At 10:00 a.m. we hold an LDS Church service in the Dining Room.
- At 10:30 a.m. we hold a Catholic Church service in the Activity room.
- Every Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. we have missionaries come and read from a magazine called The Ensign and all faiths are welcome.
- For residents who have expressed interest the LDS Church comes in to do one-on-one visits with residents.
- While we do not have an on-site temple we do offer a quarterly trip to the temple to perform temple work.
- At all our social events and happy hours we offer many varieties of non-alcoholic drinks such as juice soda tea coffee or smoothies.
If you have additional questions about our spiritual offerings for seniors or about our assisted living and memory care services in general we'd love to talk to you. Feel free to reach out to one of our senior care advisors. For additional community updates be sure to follow us on Facebook and stay tuned for next month's edition of our wonderful community blog!
Back to Community Life