Willow Park Covid-19 Response
March 22, 2020
We want to share some good news with you today. The resident we told you about earlier this week received the results from the COVID-19 test, and they came back negative for the virus. The resident is now recovering at the hospital from a non-related illness and is said to be doing well. We are also pleased to report that we do not have any other residents or team members at the community with the virus at this time.
While this is certainly good news, we want to let you know that will continue our Enhanced Resident Protection Protocol, based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease control and public health officials. As a reminder, here is what that entails:
- Visitors are not able to enter the community at this time – if they need to bring essential supplies to a resident, our team will meet them outside and deliver the items to the resident’s apartment.
- The dining room remains closed and residents are receiving all meals via cart service to their apartments.
Residents Remain in Apartments:
- During this time, residents are remaining remain in their apartments
We thank you for your support and understanding and encourage you to please reach out to me if you have any specific questions. We will also continue to provide updates with any new information via email and on the community website page. You can also reach out to us on our hotline at 206-676-5330. It is often said that it takes a village and we are very grateful for the village that supports Willow Park.
Bryan Elliott, General Manager
March 18, 2020
We would like to provide an update on our resident that has been in the hospital with possible symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19. We are still waiting for test results and expect to have them soon. However, the resident is reportedly doing well. We will provide an update as soon as we have the test results. At this time, based on guidance from the CDC and local health organizations, we are continuing to implement our Enhanced Resident Protection protocol below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 15, 2020
We want to let you know that a resident has possible symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19. The resident is currently hospitalized and thankfully doing well and the results of the test are pending. The resident was last in the community early Saturday morning, March 14th and it is important to note that no other team members or residents are reporting symptoms at this time. We are continuing to check team member and resident temperatures daily.
Community Protocol: We want to be overly cautious and even though we do not have the results of the test yet, we are now implementing additional protocols effective today:
- We will no longer allow visitors to enter the community at this time. The only exception is medical personnel and family members who are already providing showers and medication to residents. In those cases, family members must be approved through the General Manager, and then schedule their visits in advance by calling the Front Desk and they will be required to undergo a strict protocol to enter the community.
- If family members need to bring essential supplies to a resident, our team will meet them outside and deliver to the resident’s apartment.
- The dining room will now be closed, and residents will now receive all meals via cart service to their apartments.
Residents Remain in Apartments:
- During this time, residents will need to remain in their apartments.
- If residents decide to leave the community, they will not be able to return until we have resumed normal operations and they must have prior approval to return.
Keeping in Touch:
- We will be assisting residents with the use of technology to keep in touch with loved ones and we will be providing daily updates via email to families and to resident doors to keep everyone up to date on the situation.
- We wish we could provide you with an exact timeframe for this protocol but there are too many variables to put a timeline on this situation. We will know more once we receive the results of the resident’s test. We promise to keep you updated as soon as we have any additional information.
We thank you for your support and understanding and encourage you to please reach out to me at 208-856-0345 if you have any specific questions. We will continue to provide updates on our website, and you can also call our hotline at 206-676-5330.